Warm ups at competions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Okay so I am going to a meet in the states and am wondering how the warm up works, my coach can't find the information anywhere and we are just gonna go with the flow, but I wanna know what to expect.

Here we have a 20-30 minute general warm up. Then we do a march in all together onto the floor. Singing on national anthem, then we split into our groups and go to first event. Then if their are 12 people in one group we 2 groups of 6 and warm up. Each person gets a minute and a half to warm up, but because their are six people in the group, each group would get 9 minutes. This is the same on every event except beam.
Every event waits until the last event is done then we rotate.

For beam warm up we get a minute and a half per person, but its 3 people warm up then one person competes, then another warms up then another competes, etc.

How does it generally run in the States?

It runs pretty much the same. Have your coach look at the schedule for each session when its finalized. Usually there will be a time noted to be open stretch which is time to jog, do dance lines, some easy tumbling etc. Some meets will have 1/2 the gymnasts warm up their 1st event before march in, some will do it after.

Best idea is for your coach to email whoever the contact for the meet is and just ask. That way no surprises at your meet.

I was just wondering what you guys will do for the national anthem since yours is different..? Lol very random, I know :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back