What level would I be?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Hi, I was just wondering what level I would be. Canadian or American works, thanks!

Beam:
Handstand
Cartwheel
Full turn
Half turn/half turn pivot turn
Basic jumps/leap
Wolf jump
Cat leap
Spilt jump/leap
Spilts, all three ways
Back walkover, but I only stick 2 or 3 out of 5
Front tuck, roundoff and FHS dismount
Can be connected jumps/leaps

Bars:
Squat on/pike on
Cast to horizontal-to almost vertical
Baby giant
Kip
Long kip
Pullover
Cast to handstand, I will have VERY soon (so soon it counts)
Back hipcircle
Straddle and straddle half dismount
Elements can be connected

Floor:
RO-BHS
RO-BHS-BHS
FHS-RO-BHS
Spilt leap, maybe switch spilt
Cat leap
Scissor leap
Handstand, cartwheel, etc.
FWO and BWO
Basic jumps/leaps
Handstand piruette
Shawn Mahal
All three spilts
Jumps,leaps and skills can be connected.

Vault:
Basic vaults
Flatback
Front handspring

Thanks very much!!!!

You could probably be a USAG level 6 if you get your flyaway on bars and back tuck on floor.. and if you get your level 6 beam dismount (handstand quarter turn to side handstand then fall over to other side).. Then I think you'd have everything..

Thanks Bog and B Gymnast ! I believe I'm doing P2/Level 5 sp this is really exciting to me ! Also I think that I might be competiting a front tuck tumbling line, would that change anything or is it restricted or need more elements or something? Thanks !

You can add a salto to any of your tumbling lines. This would give you a nice bonus on your score. My dd will do a ro bhs bt, then a cw ro bhs and then a ft to get the salto bonus's.

When is your first comp, hers is next week.

Mine is actually the end of January and it's the first one for us! It's in Prince Edward Island (I live in Nova Scotia) so it's really exciting for me. The next weekend I'm off to Halifax for another competition so I'm over the moon :)

Mine is actually the end of January and it's the first one for us! It's in Prince Edward Island (I live in Nova Scotia) so it's really exciting for me. The next weekend I'm off to Halifax for another competition so I'm over the moon :)

I know nothing about Canadian gymnastics but I had to say that 11 years ago (the last summer when I was neither pregnant nor a mom) my husband and I took a month to drive around Maritime Canada... camping and staying in B&Bs (whenever I was really dying to sleep in a real bed) and I LOVED it up there. Hallifax was my favorite, followed closely by Cape Breton and PEI. I am dying to get up there again. Maybe one of these days my girls will read the Anne of Green Gables books and then we'll make it a family trip. I wish we didn't need to all get passports to go there!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back