Parents Making sense of L8 beam!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is preparing for summer training of Level 8 and we are trying to make sense of SR and UTL for beam. She trained BHS BHS all year, but never quite got it, so if that continues how would this routine shape up
BWO-BHS
Round-off
BWO-Gainer dismount (pike off side)
Split jump- tuck 1/2 jump
Full turn

For some reason, she is really committed to working the gainer dismount in.
Thanks!

766204D0-A8D0-475A-A369-88749724FA06.jpeg

Here is an image that describes UTL and composition deductions on beam for 8. I believe with the routine you posted she would just lose .1 for the series not being up to level. Assuming the gainer dismount is a B? I’m not actually sure? If it’s an A then she’d lose another .05.

Bwo-bhs will take a not up to level deductio. The expectation is Bhs-bhs

Bwo-bhs will take a not up to level deductio. The expectation is Bhs-bhs
This may be different in the US but in Canada the code asks for “Acro series, two elements, one with flight.” Since BWO BHS meets this exact requirement wouldn’t it be unfair to deduct for it? Once again the rules may slightly differ here.

This may be different in the US but in Canada the code asks for “Acro series, two elements, one with flight.” Since BWO BHS meets this exact requirement wouldn’t it be unfair to deduct for it? Once again the rules may slightly differ here.
In the US there is an expectation of what the acro series should be. In the US L8 the expectation is at least a BHS BHS. Fair is a matter of perspective. It’s not a secret. Everyone at L8 is subjected to the same consideration. So it’s not unfair.

In the US there is an expectation of what the acro series should be. In the US L8 the expectation is at least a BHS BHS. Fair is a matter of perspective. It’s not a secret. Everyone at L8 is subjected to the same consideration. So it’s not unfair.
Interesting! I don’t coach level 8s so I have no idea if this holds true in Canada as well. HC usually has level 8s doing BWO BHS, I’ll have to check with him if he knows about this/if we have the same expectations here.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back