WAG Twisting issues when going from 1.5 to double twist

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Fliptwisttumble

DD is having troubles when she attempts a double twist. She's competed a 1.5 since March or so and does it well. She's landed a double ONCE, about three months ago. Now whenever she attempts the double, she can't even eek out a 1.5, and looks like a floppy mess and lands on her back in the pit (I actually thought she was attempting some odd full in drill, but no it was a double twist attempt :eek:)

Is this a typical issue at this juncture and I should just tell her to be patient? Could she be twisting the wrong way? It just seems so odd that as soon as she tries the double she completely looses her way.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

No idea of the 'mechanics' of it, but DD started first meet vaulting a half and then HC had her stop and wait till her full was ready befor she twisted again because the half was affecting her twist somehow. Same thing going from full to 1.5 to double.

That brings back some old memories. Had a girl in the exact situation years ago. Had a nice 1.5, but when we tried to progress to a 2, it went to 'heck' in a handbag! She would do some sort of pop out looking thing like she was trying to twist the other direction after the 1.5. Finally decided to reprogress and try it going her non corresponding direction. Long story short, she ended up with a beautiful double.
Also, I always teach twisting by 1/4 increments and have the girls constantly do different amounts of twisting to gain and keep their 'air aware.' Good luck. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back