WAG Being floppy helps??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pamred4

Coach
Gymnast
I got my kip on the strap bar today! I did it once and when I did It I just chucked it and didn't event try... When I got on top of the bar I was like omg I got it finally!! Some of my team mates saw it but my coach didn't and so I went to show him again but I couldn't do it :( my question is... Is it possible for me to be good at things when I don't try. I always do extra conditioning so it's not like I slack but... This is weird! Had it happened to anyone elce

A kip is nearly all timing. So, short answer... Yes. Sometimes when kids "try" too hard, they mess up the timing and the natural flow of the skill. Often, if they just let the skill happen, it ends up on top of the bar.

So, I wouldn't say that being "floppy" is the answer, necessarily... But there is something to be said for not "trying" too much in that particular skill. If that makes any sense.

Don't try harder, and don't try less...... just try right. You've been doing something you think is helpful to make your kip, but it's not helping because it's the wrong thing. Being floppy probably took some of the "wrong" out of your effort and all the other thing you do right ere able to "win" the fight for right and wrong.

Gymnastics- The sport that makes sense when you stop trying to figure it out.

That makes Sence! Thanks guys I'm going to try to be the right amount of floppy and the right amount of tight and I'll report back to you after gymnastics this afternoon!! Xx

Today at gym I did 8 kips in the strap bar!! They weren't in a row in fact bone were in a row but u think I'm starting to understand the timing more therefore making my kip better!!! Thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back