Casting Requirements for L8 and Deductions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Boatergal

Proud Parent
Is there a judge or coach that knows what the cast requirements are for all handstands in the bar routine for L8? Also what is the deduction?

Thanks!

All casts in the L8 routine are expected to hit within 10 degrees of handstand or they will incur a deduction of up to .3, which varies on the angle of the cast. A horizontal cast will incur the entire .3 deduction and then the deduction gets smaller the closer the cast gets to 10 degrees from handstand. At L8 casts before bails are not required to go to handstand.

Gympanda- What incurs the biggest deduction. 1) A cast to handstand followed by a free hip above horizontal or 2) a cast just above horizontal followed by a freehip to handstand.
Thank you,
Ann

I'm thinking #2 would draw the biggest deduction AMR but I'm not sure...Boatergal...that's what my DGD's problem is: arching...she seems to have the toes pointed and no bent arms, but her handstands on the high bar are low and she really arches in her giants so she loses lots there. And she can't get the handstand after her clearhip up all the way....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back