WAG Did Kocian give up her eligibility?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dahlia

Proud Parent
I just got an email about the lineup being set for the Kelloggs tour and Madison is listed. Anyone know?

She may be touring without pay, just for fun.
She may be getting this as consideration for her efforts;)
Kelloggs-Special-k-Red-Berries.jpg

She's definitely been talking about going on the tour in all their post Rio interviews. I've been wondering how that works too. I don't think she's given up her eligibility, at least not officially. I thought maybe she's not getting paid, although I'm still surprised that's allowed because of the branding.

There is branding at P&G Championships though and that doesn't relinquish eligibility. Maybe it's the simple fact that she's not getting paid, so it doesn't count as a paid endorsement. such a good question though!

There is branding at P&G Championships though and that doesn't relinquish eligibility. Maybe it's the simple fact that she's not getting paid, so it doesn't count as a paid endorsement. such a good question though!

Good point, I guess as long as it doesn't appear on them as a personal thing it doesn't matter then.

My understanding is it is about pay. Gymnasts over the last several quads have done the post-Olympic tour and still maintained their NCAA eligibility. I think they just do it for fun.

How much money do those who get paid actually get? Are we talking millions of dollars here, or like $20k?

I would assume that someone doing the tour without pay would at least get their expenses covered? Like for instance, they feed her and she wouldn't have to pay for travel costs. Right?

How much money do those who get paid actually get? Are we talking millions of dollars here, or like $20k?

I would assume that someone doing the tour without pay would at least get their expenses covered? Like for instance, they feed her and she wouldn't have to pay for travel costs. Right?

This article from 2012 says a base salary of 100K for the team gold medalists. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...of-america-s-olympics-athletes-are-broke.html

I'm sure having travel and living expenses paid for is ok (much like the national team members already do). It's signing with an agent or being paid for a performance in the sport that is an issue.

My understanding is it is about pay. Gymnasts over the last several quads have done the post-Olympic tour and still maintained their NCAA eligibility. I think they just do it for fun.
Yup. A bunch from past Olympic teams- some not even on the actual team- did the tour in its entirety or at least several stops and maintained eligibility- Kyla Ross, Sam Peszek, Bridget Sloan, and I'm pretty sure the 3 girls on the 2004 team who went on to do NCAA did at least a few of the tour stops. It all has to do with whether they sign with an agent (or even verbally agree to sign with an agent) and if they accept compensation for the tour stops they actually do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back