First Level 7 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everybody - haven't been on in awhile. After a summer of struggles and thoughts of quitting dd had her first level 7 meet yesterday. She was expecting low scores as she hasn't mastered some of her skills - namely she doesn't have her flip flop on the beam and her giants on the bars. But despite this she did surprisingly well. Started with a 8.45 on beam for 7th place, moved on to floor with a 8.425, vault (her least favorite) with an 8.65, and ended on bars with a 8.8 for 8th place. 34.325 aa gave her 11th place - just missed qualifying for state!

That is a great first L7 meet !!! especially missing skills. Her scores will be huge when she adds her flic &giants. congratulations. what a reward for a tough summer.

What a great meet - congrats to your dd :). L7 can be a big jump, and sounds like she did very well. Good luck on those couple skills that are illuding her right now. I'm sure she'll have them mastered in no time :)

That sounds like a great start to L7. Remember she doesn't have to have giants per USAG code of points. Her bars may be just fine without them for awhile.

WTG to your Dd. Sounds like overall she had a great first L7 meet. Even with some missing skills.

I moved this thread over to the meet reports.

Congrats to dd on 1st L7 meet :). As those skills come along she will be in good shape for states! Wishing her the best at the next meet.

Great results, especially with those big skills missing. Lovely that, despite her thoughts of quitting, she was able to progress so well.

What a great meet for her!! looks like she is going to have a very successful season!! I do have to ask....what is the qualifying score for states in your area? Here it is a 32 AA. Your DD would have more than qualified here!!

Very very nice especially without those two big skills! That is a great way to start out L7 and when she gets those skills...look out! :)

What a great meet for her!! looks like she is going to have a very successful season!! I do have to ask....what is the qualifying score for states in your area? Here it is a 32 AA. Your DD would have more than qualified here!!

For level 7 you need a 34.5 to qualify for state.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back