Help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OK guys. I'm now training level 5 completely since the seasons over. I have everything and everything is consistent but its just my tap swings. EVERY time I do them I peel. EVERY TIME! So now my coach only has me do them on the pit bar. She said I might stay back for that and that's crazy considerering I'm the only one on my team who has every skill consistently and with very good form half a year before the season starts. Also, I already know the level 5 routines. Does anyone have any tips for tap swings and how NOT to peel? I've also almost broken things quite a few times. Last night I literally landed on the low bar. I really need help guys!! Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Should I get dowel grips and does anyone know if they help?

Start dowel grips as soon as possible and get used to them. Its the only way you will survive the rest of your gymnastics career. I'm surprised your coaches did not immediately lead you in that direction. Tap swings should be guarded by spotters in order to reduce the risk of unexpected peel offs. Break in your new dowel grips and get used to what exactly it is about them that makes them hook the bar. Once you know then you can make sure you are working the bars so you get the most out of your grips during a routine. Level 5 is like reaching the age that ballet dancers graduate to toe shoes. Its time for dowel grips.

Thanks stretchsportguy. I talked to my coach a bit and she said dowel grips would be a good idea. My mom measured my hand and I just ordered some. I'll be sure to start breaking them in as soon as they come. Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back