L5 Beam dismount????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

momsiscoach

Hi I am new. I coach L3,4, and 5. There has been a dispute with the L5 beam dismount. I was informed the dismount was changed to the L6 dismount, then once we competed we were told that the dismount had never changed. Everyone seems to have a different answer, and many gyms are competing the L6 dismount for L5. I need the answer and I can not find it! HELP!!!

It is most definitely still the original Level 5 dismount, which is described as Cartwheel to Side Handstand, 1/4 turn dismount. The change in the L5 beam routine was the addition of a pivot turn after the scale. Other than that, the original text from the JO Compulsory book is correct. Here is an updated penalties section, which shows definitively the L5 dismount. :: USA Gymnastics ::

The above poster is correct, but I would be worried about how many things your gym isn't teaching the girls correctly due to not having the routine text. You may want to contact your head coach about it.

The above poster is correct, but I would be worried about how many things your gym isn't teaching the girls correctly due to not having the routine text. You may want to contact your head coach about it.

Absolutely!!! I could not agree with you more! I have done some major research and luckily found only 2 errors on my text vs USAG. Mine was outdated, which was odd as it was marked 2009 updates. Whatever.. I am fixing the problem. The errors were only time issues on beam, L4/L5. The older version was off by 5 seconds. See I am the ONLY L3/ L4/L5 coach, I had to go to the director, and then pretty much on my own.

Absolutely!!! I could not agree with you more! I have done some major research and luckily found only 2 errors on my text vs USAG. Mine was outdated, which was odd as it was marked 2009 updates. Whatever.. I am fixing the problem. The errors were only time issues on beam, L4/L5. The older version was off by 5 seconds. See I am the ONLY L3/ L4/L5 coach, I had to go to the director, and then pretty much on my own.

Not to butt in on a ? That you did not ask but wanted to be sure you knew that the L3 floor routine the bridge is push up from the floor now, not from standing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back