Parents L5 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

crazygymmom

Proud Parent
I posted a couple weeks ago about a not-so-good meet. Thank goodness I can report that we had a great meet this weekend!!
Vault-9 (1st)
Bars-8.8 (2nd)
Beam-8.825 (4th, and I think judges were scoring high!)
Floor-9 (2nd)
AA-1st!
This is pretty consistent with how she's been placing this season. She was so proud!
I asked her why she thought she did better this meet, than the last, she said, "I just went out there and had fun, I pretended like I was at practice! Last meet I was trying too hard!" She just turned 8, can't beleive she has that much insight!

Wow super impressive scores for her! Our L5's are having a rough time this year...your little 8 year old sure is doing awesome!:D
Congrats to her!!

Yay! Congrats to her! All kids have off meets. It happens. Hopefully they eventually realize that it doesn't mean anything except that they had an off meet. Sounds like she is really doing great!

Sounds like she is having a great season. Those are great scores and placements. Is the state meeting coming up for her?

Glad to hear she was able to brush off the last meet and do so well this time. I'm super impressed with that vault score! My 8 yo cannot seem to do much better than a mid 8 on vault no matter how hard she tries. Congrats to your dd. She is having a great season!

Meg

Congrats to her! Glad she realized so young that relaxing and having fun shows in the routines :) !!

Sounds like you have an insightful and mature 8 year old! Congrats on such a successful meet!

That is so insightful - I wish my dd would relax and do what she does at practice in the meet, her scores would be much improved. Congrats to your daughter!

She has it all figured out! I can't get my 14 year old to figure it out like that!

Great job on the scores... And the gold medal in the AA!

How exciting! :)
I'm impressed that she's that insightful and knows herself so well. That's wonderful!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back