WAG L7 Scoring - Lunge Landing and Bar Dismount

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
In my effort to learn this new L7 world, I am curious about a couple items that impact scoring. On floor - if you land a tumbling pass and then immediately go to a lunge position, is that considered a step? DD says it's not, and it may just be something for optionals. Second, one of the other girls on the team is afraid to do a flyout out of her giants, so she's doing a kip cast flyaway after her giants. Is there any kind of deduction if you do that? Do the giants have to be connected into a dismount to count? I know it's not ideal from a progression point of view, but I can't imagine what the deduction would be. Thanks in advance for the thoughts.:confused:

Totally off topic and off color, but everytime I see you post I giggle to myself because of your name!!! :rolleyes:

In my effort to learn this new L7 world, I am curious about a couple items that impact scoring. On floor - if you land a tumbling pass and then immediately go to a lunge position, is that considered a step? DD says it's not, and it may just be something for optionals. Second, one of the other girls on the team is afraid to do a flyout out of her giants, so she's doing a kip cast flyaway after her giants. Is there any kind of deduction if you do that? Do the giants have to be connected into a dismount to count? I know it's not ideal from a progression point of view, but I can't imagine what the deduction would be. Thanks in advance for the thoughts.:confused:

About the kip cast flyaway......I don't know for sure about getting deducted for kipping into a cast for the flyaway. It may be there's no deduction, but the extra motions to break the giant away from the flyaway to allow the kip cast may cause deductions.

As far as a progression point of view......a giant blind full would go there just fine, but it's against the rules and the kid ain't ready for it....just like she's not ready for a giant directly into a flyaway. The best way to get a kid from point A to point B in this sport is to keep them moving in the right direction at a speed they can wrap their minds around, and to understand that you have to work on helping them mature mentally and emotionally before you can get the best of their skill work to come out.

they are coaching strategies and part of the learning process. there is nothing to question, really.:)

Both are fine. If the extra kip cast was done perfectly, there would be no additional deduction, but since it won't be done perfectly there will be some additional deductions for execution. However most level 7s have an additional element unless they're doing jump to high bar, kip cast hand, clear hip hand into giants.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back