WAG Level 4 vs Level 5 vs Level 7 vault FHS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Old Level 3, where the vault was a dive roll, they used to be allowed to use a tramp board. Now it is only in Xcel And level 1.
My latest meet there was a team that used it at Level 2. I could see the judges over there talking to the coaches but we were competing beam so I didn't see what happened. Apparently they allowed that team to vault with it. I didn't say anything until after all Level 2 sessions were over, but then talked to the judges and meet referee about how it's not allowed. They "couldn't find the rule" so they let them do it. Ugh. I ended up showing the rule to them for future reference. Everyone makes mistakes, but I expect coaches to know the rules for their athletes and I expect judges to at least know where to find the rules and to do their homework on their event before sitting down in that chair to judge the athletes.

Old Level 3, where the vault was a dive roll, they used to be allowed to use a tramp board. Now it is only in Xcel And level 1.
My latest meet there was a team that used it at Level 2. I could see the judges over there talking to the coaches but we were competing beam so I didn't see what happened. Apparently they allowed that team to vault with it. I didn't say anything until after all Level 2 sessions were over, but then talked to the judges and meet referee about how it's not allowed. They "couldn't find the rule" so they let them do it. Ugh. I ended up showing the rule to them for future reference. Everyone makes mistakes, but I expect coaches to know the rules for their athletes and I expect judges to at least know where to find the rules and to do their homework on their event before sitting down in that chair to judge the athletes.
Judges are not tested on L1/L2 rules... or, from what I have seen, even L3 rules. Testing begins with L4 rules.
Coaches SHOULD know the rules for their athletes, but sometimes the rules are unclear (Xcel, for example, was still revising pages in September)... and for a while, every few months, they were posting new FAQ to clarify the rules.
We had a meet once a couple years ago where all the Xcel Gold girls lost their SV for cast at Horizontal if they didn't hit it on the low bar because the judge counted the cast connected to the squat on as a 2nd cast, so the high bar cast didn't count in her eyes.

If they did they violated their sanction. It's not a new rule. Equipment companies bringing new springboards that are hard happens frequently at outside venues, but USAG JO level 3 can't use the alternate springboard apparatus. I believe AAU allows it in their version of the compulsories though.

I had to go back and look at video and photos of my DD, but in 2010/2011 AAU level 3 allowed the use of a trampoline in competition.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back