WAG Level 6 bars challenge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Is there anyway to do the new level 6 bars without a free-hip to glide on low bar.
Bars is a weak event for me, especially low bar as I tend to hit my feet.

I plan on doing an uprise for my 'B'
I was talking with my coach and she said you have to have two 'air circling moves' so free hip or giant. But not sure what else she means.

Here are the skills I have, uprise, low bar & high bar kip, squat on, long hang pullover, I'd like to pop my uprise into a free hip, high bar free hip, flyaway, etcc...

Is it possible?

TOE SHOOT, also called a stoop circle to handstand and many other names.

Hmm, possible! Not sure I could shoot to handstand! And wouldn't you end up gliding out of that anyway, which is what I'm trying to avoid?

Toe shoot to stoop circle, jump to high bar... And stop cheating when you do abs.... :) yes you

Shhhh coachp! You'll give away the secret superpower possessed by all good coaches......... supervision that makes it possible to see things from hundreds, even thousands of miles away. Now put down that yogurt cup and have a little ganola. Achhh, no sugar, drop the sugar right now!!!

As much as I'd like to say it's as easy as to not cheat when doing abs, for me it's not.
I've never had a glide swing, even when I was tiny! I can do v-ups and shotguns all day but cannot do one leg lift.
I also cannot do the thing when you sit on the floor and in a pike or straddle lift your legs off the floor.
Not sure if I don't know 'how' to use my stomach muscles in this manor or maybe it's not stomach maybe I need more hip flexor and upper thigh conditioning (I do have really long legs)I did have cancer when I was 8 and had 2 very extensive surgeries requiring them to cut all the way down my abdomen vertically so maybe that effected things??Either way I'll keep working the abs and legs!! (I've got great arm muscles!!)

As much as I'd like to say it's as easy as to not cheat when doing abs, for me it's not.
I've never had a glide swing, even when I was tiny! I can do v-ups and shotguns all day but cannot do one leg lift.
I also cannot do the thing when you sit on the floor and in a pike or straddle lift your legs off the floor.
Not sure if I don't know 'how' to use my stomach muscles in this manor or maybe it's not stomach maybe I need more hip flexor and upper thigh conditioning (I do have really long legs)I did have cancer when I was 8 and had 2 very extensive surgeries requiring them to cut all the way down my abdomen vertically so maybe that effected things??Either way I'll keep working the abs and legs!! (I've got great arm muscles!!)

How is your pike flexibility? The muscles in the back of your legs prevent you from lifting them toward a pike if they're too tight..... and part of keeping your feet off the floor is being able to hold a pike while dropping into the glide.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back