WAG Question about lefty/righty Level 3 floor routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amber

Proud Parent
Hi all,
I have noticed in my gym that some level 3's are doing their entire floor routine right, but doing their split left? Is there a deduction for this? Or is it better to take a deduction for the wrong side split if the split goes all the way down (some girls only have left split all the way down but are better with everything else right, and vice versa)?
My DD did old Level 4 last year, but everyone was told they have to do everything in one direction-all left or all right...just wondering why the change?

Any acro element can be reversed. Dance cannot be reversed, split included. For example, if they do a left split, they should also do a left split jump and left split leap. They could do handstands leading with their right leg and a right leg roundoff. I would find it extremely strange if multiple kids were doing a full right leg routine and a left leg split, as righties who have a left but not right split are pretty rare. Every time they kick into right handstands, cartwheels, and roundoffs, they are stretching their right leg for right splits. If indeed this is happening in your gym I don't really know what conclusion to draw, but yes, it is a deduction per the compulsory text.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back