WAG Start value of a old level 6 routine done in Level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
Just wondering what the start value would be for a kid who did a very nice level 6 (old) bar routine. Casts to handstand or close and free hip to at least horizontal. I can't seem to figure out if the baby giant is an actual skill with a value :)

If the baby giant is replaced with a clear hip on the high bar, and either both clear hips are above 45(b's) or there is one clear hip above 45 and one handstand(b), it will fufill the level 7 requirement of 4a's and 2b's.

The gymnast would get .3 off for each of the counter swings on the high bar..level 7 has got to be with the flyaway out of a cast, free hip or giant.

Lol, We actually had an L7 do that a couple years ago on accident when she forgot her routine. She scored a 6.65. I couldn't see what they gave her start value wise, but she did have form breaks in addition to the extra swings. The next meet (with her real routine) she scored a 7.85 - for comparison purposes... with a season high of 8.05 ... which tells me that an old L6 routine (minus the tap swings) could score decently for L7.

Not without deductions for empty swing or no connection. No way to do baby giant without stopping or extra swing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back