what has fallen into your pit?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

What has fallen into your gym's pit and never come out?
A kid lost their phone in the pit yesterday- my coach just gave the look and replied "well it's not coming out" haha :p

Well, I've never lost anything... But the stuff we FIND when we clean it out! CRAZY!
There was a mouse nest in the foam pit.

Well I'm sure they will get it eventually. Our gym usually has the team girls empty the foam blocks at the end of the month to clean out the lost items. Usually its hair ties, scrunchies, bandaids, wrist bands, and for some reason socks.

but I can't say we ever found a mouse nest YUCK!!!!

It was scary! A girl was throwing out the foam blocks in the corner, and all of a sudden, she just screamed, and LEAPED out of the pit! We've had our share of animals in the gym. Birds, mice, a hummingbird, and a mole that lived in the bathroom!

Our vault pit is next to the garage door, and there's a hill outside of it. When it rains, the water goes under the tramp in the bottom of the pit. When we clean out that pit, the blocks on the bottom are... heavy. and moldy. Then they have to pump the water out and buy new foam. That's the big design flaw in our gym. Of course, they've tried to fix it. But, for the time being, we just clean out the vault pit a lot. Especially after the encounter with the baby mice! ;)

A mouse has gotten into our gym before too! We got new back doors put in shortly after that. I was at a nearby gym with a friend and she said that found a lizard in their pit. Not in the bottom, but just sitting on top of one of the foam blocks, hanging out.

Might be easier to list what hasn't. We do Birthday parties so not all the kids are dressed for gym so.... normal things, socks, bandaids, hair ties slightly more unusual a karate belt, a light saber (found it eventually, too dangerous to leave in) parents hats and shoes, little toys from party goodie bags, candies from the same, ballet type skirts (parents think it is cute to dress little girls in these and they lose them to the pit) and finally the gross, snakes, spiders and one little girl went poo twice in the pit Mom cleaned her up and let her come back and she did it again (cleaned it up of couse, but I refuse to ever go in it again)

ohhh man!!! spiders, hair ties, clips, head bands, lots of socks!! um band aids a whole roll of tape(on a couple of occasions) cell phones, the skrew to our pit bar, mice, bugs, rabbit doppings(it lived uner our floor), and about anything else you can imagin. also when the orginal owners built the pit they didnt seal the floors under the tramp. so whenever it rained the waiter would seep into the part under the tramp. by the time we realised it there was about 2 ffet of water. about a week later we had a fresh sealed pit, with no more water!

dunno bahahahahah :p we dont clean out our pit very often it is just to big :/ plus the boy wasnt a gymnast so if we found it we would never be able to contact him so he could have it back :)

It was scary! A girl was throwing out the foam blocks in the corner, and all of a sudden, she just screamed, and LEAPED out of the pit! We've had our share of animals in the gym. Birds, mice, a hummingbird, and a mole that lived in the bathroom!

Our vault pit is next to the garage door, and there's a hill outside of it. When it rains, the water goes under the tramp in the bottom of the pit. When we clean out that pit, the blocks on the bottom are... heavy. and moldy. Then they have to pump the water out and buy new foam. That's the big design flaw in our gym. Of course, they've tried to fix it. But, for the time being, we just clean out the vault pit a lot. Especially after the encounter with the baby mice! ;)

tell your coaches/owners that you learned about a 'water closet' on chalkbucket. that this is what they need to solve their problem. you'll be famous!:)

Im not sure what all has been found in the pit at DD gym. I have heard kids in past talk about little things, hairties, bracelets, ect. Im sure they have found some nasty things in there in the past. Im sure once a pit has been there for a while, its impossible for it to have a nasty free history. I do know that the owner thought she lost her wedding ring in there this past spring. They were working with our L10 on double backs (something another..looked like two back flips in a pike position) into the pit. This pit is super long..has two sets of bars at the far end, two high beams butted up against its side, the tumble track beside the beams, and then a corner of the floor at the other end. Anyway, she did her double back (no one thought she could still do it..just had a baby a few months before that) into the pit just to be safe, because she wasnt sure she could land it on the floor. Well she comes up screaming...MY RING MY RING...I LOST RING. They had to take all the mats out that they had building it up except at the floor end (they seem to always have those mats in it..guess they have a pit that big for "when they need it") then take all the blocks out. Did NOT find her ring. The later found it under a beam..lol. And she was like "and that is ONE of the reasons you dont wear jewelry in the gym" And at least the pit got a good cleaning out. LOL.

nothing - ours is a covered pit ;) However the man who installed it told us one of his colleagues left his mobile phone in one once whilst installing it - didn't realise until they finished and there is no way of getting anything out once it is sealed! Oops!

When our pits were being built over the summer, frogs got into them. Since then they are cleaned out every other week or so and it is the usual hair ties and socks. For the gym Halloween party, my son lost part of his costume into it and his big sister kept going through it square by square so her little brother's costume wouldn't be ruined. When I was coaching a preschool class I thought I was going to lose a student in there because she did not want to come out.

nothing - ours is a covered pit ;) However the man who installed it told us one of his colleagues left his mobile phone in one once whilst installing it - didn't realise until they finished and there is no way of getting anything out once it is sealed! Oops!

haha that will be funny when your training and all of a sudden bring bring haha "what's that?" LOL

dunno bahahahahah :p we dont clean out our pit very often it is just to big :/ plus the boy wasnt a gymnast so if we found it we would never be able to contact him so he could have it back :)

If it was a phone he lost (I am pretty sure that is what you said) don't they have numbers stored in it? Why don't you try giving one of them a call??

Secondly well our gym is an old warehouse that used to store fire engines so....... Leaky roofs and possums were the least of their worries so.... We have leaks everywhere and there is one where it gets soaked and so does the pit...ew!! We also have possums poop in the pit

Yuck hehe and yes but this was a fair while ago they may have done that or the phone may still be in the pit its to big to clean out it has probably been yrs since the last clean out :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back