WAG Balance beam mat height

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mthegymqueen

Gymnast
I was at practicing with a 8 inch mat under the beam, and my coach said that it wasn’t allowed and I could only have a thinner mat under neath for meets (I think it was 4 inches). I was confused when I was told this because I’ve always competed with an 8 inch mat underneath the beam. Did they recently change the rule?

Not sure if you’re still wondering about this, but I’ve always competed with an 8-inch mat, the rules have not changed, and if they have, my coaches and I are not aware. Hope this helps!

I was at practicing with a 8 inch mat under the beam, and my coach said that it wasn’t allowed and I could only have a thinner mat under neath for meets (I think it was 4 inches). I was confused when I was told this because I’ve always competed with an 8 inch mat underneath the beam. Did they recently change the rule?
The rules have not changed, your coach may just be trying to challenge you. You can compete with the mat unless you are in the higher optional levels or in college/ elite gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back