Beam "Choreography"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Look at the majority of todays beam routines. Most of the choreography is something like step pose step step pose ect. There isn't much to it. There is no "real" dancing in most beam choreography. Does anybody else notice this or is it just me? Would it be wierd to get up and dance on the beam? I want my beam routine to be different this year. Do you think it would be just plain silly to get up and dance inbetween my skills? I want to make my routine stand out and interesting, but not look out of place. Would a beam routine look good the choreography was one specific dance style, be it ballet, hip hop, salsa, jazz, disco or some kind of cultural dance style. I believe that the routine would have "mouvement" something most routines seem to be lacking. Could you imagine a disco style beam routine? What would you think if you saw somebody doing the salsa on the beam? Cool or lame?

I don't think it would look funny if you danced on the beam, so long as it was toned down a bit. I think that beam routines that are themed (sometimes with their floor routines) are cooler and look more co-ordinated then others. sometimes, it just comes down to moves that plain and simple make you look good. for instance, i just go my beam routine. i have a very flexible back, so i have a lot of arching moves. however, i cannot dance to save my life. therefore, i have no complicated dancing. if you can really move it, i see no problems with dancing on the beam. one of my own teammates is quite a dancer and she does a sort of dancing twirl, so i think it's a great idea. go for it!

i think that you should definitley dance! a girl on my team dances in her team and did the shopping cart at state! it made our whole team laugh and the judges too! if you want an interesting routine go for it and post a video for us!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back