Parents First Level 6 Meet Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

First - Thanks for all the Good Luck Wishes!

Well we have the first level 6 meet under our belt, so we can relax and start looking forward to the next.

DD did ok - not her best performance but she took home two medals, so she was happy and her team placed 3rd.

First up was floor - routine was clean, just need to work on improving the form. She scored 8.325, which got her a medal for 8th place.

Next was vault - never a good event for her. She scored 7.675. Needs alot of work.

Then came bars - used to be her favorite event and she had all her skills going into the meet but during warmups, she couldn't get her clear hip and didn't get it during her routine, so she fell. Only got 6.7. Bar scores were overall very low - first place was only 8.6.

Last up was beam - stayed on and scored 8.5 for another medal for 8th place.

Only room for improvement.:)

Congrats to her! Was she happy with her meet--well, except for bars? Sounds like she's doing pretty well :)

That sounds like a great day! Congrats to your DD. Congrats to her team as well! That was the Judges cup correct? The scores this year have been low...consistantly for the most part. These Illinois judges are toughies! We have noticed bar scores really low as well. But, like I said, if they are consistant it is all good. When is your next meet? Are you going to St. Jude?

That sounds great for a first meet at a new level. Nice to take some bling home too. I am sure that the scores will only go up from here!

Sounds like she is happy and that's what's important. I love your attitude, I'm sure your daughter get her great attitude from you. Congrats on a great 1st L6 meet and here's to a fun season!

Sounds like she did just fine! We have all said it, but I will said it again.. L6 is TOUGH! My DD got a 31.6 on her first L6 meet... and she was thrilled. And now she is a L8/L9 gymnast. She will get the scores they will come and she can move on to the great life of Optional gymnastics!

Great Job to your DD

That sounds like a great day! Congrats to your DD. Congrats to her team as well! That was the Judges cup correct? The scores this year have been low...consistantly for the most part. These Illinois judges are toughies! We have noticed bar scores really low as well. But, like I said, if they are consistant it is all good. When is your next meet? Are you going to St. Jude?

Thanks - It was Judges Cup. DD is in the 7-10 age group, and you are right about the low scores, especially bars. Our next meet is Dec 4 - Make a Wish. We are not doing St. Jude. We have Make a Wish and then the Hawaiian/Pineapple Classic on Dec. 20. When we return from Christmas break we travel to Lansing for Twistars. Are you going to be at IGI Chicago Style?

Phew! 1st meet under her belt. Way to go! I know that I'll probably be more nervous than my dd for her 1st level 6 meet (not until Dec 19) than she'll be, lol. I'm glad that she had a good meet overall. Things like missing a skill will happen, glad that it didn't effect her beam routine. Great job!

GREAT job for her first L6 meet. I have heard the bars is tough with the clear hip, but everything else Floor & Beam) is right in the ball park so I am sure the bars will come around with a little more practice and patience! I think early meet scores/judging tends to be on the low side too so tell her not to worry it will only get better!!

That's a nice solid first meet. It is so nice to see them start good and progressively get better.

I am soooo looking forward to our first meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back