Parents L5 deductions on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Omitting is 2x the value of the skill, I think. As far as I remember, being spotted is the value of the skill +0.5 for the spot.
Doing it badly, but safely (and without a fall) would probably score the best imho.

Omitting is 2x the value of the skill, I think. As far as I remember, being spotted is the value of the skill +0.5 for the spot.
Doing it badly, but safely (and without a fall) would probably score the best imho.
No, a spot is a -.50 deduction. If the coach basically does the skill for the gymnast, they do not get credit for the skill, but just spotting them is .50.

Omitting the skill is double the value of the skill. In this case, it's considered no dismount, which is -1.20, so the highest she could score would be an 8.8. Doing it badly is just regular execution deductions, but never more than -1.2.

No, a spot is a -.50 deduction. If the coach basically does the skill for the gymnast, they do not get credit for the skill, but just spotting them is .50.

Omitting the skill is double the value of the skill. In this case, it's considered no dismount, which is -1.20, so the highest she could score would be an 8.8. Doing it badly is just regular execution deductions, but never more than -1.2.
So I was pretty much right (with the assumption, in my mind, that spotting it would mean the coach doing all the work - lol). Most spots in our gym, it looks like the coach is doing it all. I knew the actual spot was only 0.5 …. what I should have said (and meant) was "being spotted is UP TO the value of the skill, depending on how much they did on their own +0.5 for the spot… plus execution deductions."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back