Level 5 Floor Routine Deductions (Video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry about her ankle, hope its OK!

She really didn't leave anything out. She didn't completely do the kick-turn, but it isn't a major element, so it has no value associated with it.

She lost .5 for the fall, maybe .2 for body position in the kick-turn, probably at least .3 for the form in the backwalkover and likely up to .2 for rhythm for that sequence, as the timing got off. However, she caught back up with the music and ended with the music, so no extra deductions there.

I would also say there is also a very real possibility she lost 1/2 the value of the hitchkick for not completing it. Off the top of my head its worth either .2 or .4, so she would have lost 1/2 of that.

All together my estimate would be roughly 1.3 for that sequence. Clearly this is from an angle different from the judges and depending on where they were sitting they might have had a few more leg & foot form deductions. So, you could go all the way up to 1.8 and still be reasonable.

Hope it helps!

My dd has her first level 5 meet this coming weekend. After watching her practice, I told my husband, "The main difference between the level 4 routine and the level 5 routine is that the level 5 routine has way more opportunities for her to fall on her butt!" I guess your daughter is a case-in-point. It's scary that they could take so much off for one fall. It looked like such a nice routine otherwise. Your daughter moves like a dancer! Did the floor scores run pretty low overall? I remember at the last meet of the year last year, the level 4s had already heard from the prep op girls that competed before them that the floor judge was HARD, and sure enough, I thought it was my dd's nicest floor performance all year, yet her score surely didn't reflect it.

Hope the ankle is O.K. She deserves kudos for popping up and getting back into the routine so quickly, especially if she was hurting!

MaryA...yes the scores were tough on floor. Only 1 girl in the entire session recieved a 9. So considering her ankle she did great! I also think she moves like a dancer but if she isn't "performing" she can certainly look like a duck too! She is all legs!! hehe!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back