Parents level 8 meet report-awesome vault!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

First post in a very long time! But I do have great news. DD's meet this past weekend was quite a success! Only her third meet with her new gym at level 8, but she is improving meet by meet.
We had a two hour drive, in the rain. The curls totally fell out of her ponytail, but that didn't damper her spirits. She was ON that day!

Started on bars. Made a very nice straddle back and pretty OK giants, very nice layout dismount and stuck her landing. 8.8. OK, we will take it! good for 4th place.

Beam, only a couple of very tiny wobbles, nailed BH-BH, one handed valdez, and dismount. 8.975. Hoping for a 9, but still a great score. good for 3rd place.

Floor, very nice. Little miss-step on 1 1/2 turn. 8.9. good for 4th place.

Now for the big news, Vault! she has been doing tuck yurchenko and getting upper 8's all season. Last week coach gets her doing pikes instead. I'm thinking, OH boy! Trouble landing her first one, puts her hands down. Now I'm getting really nervous! But her second one she absolutely NAILS!!:D
9.225!! Second place.

So she ends up with 35.9 AA, third place. Her team took second, and since she had the highest AA from her gym, she got to bring home the team award for the weekend. She was pumped. And she turned sweet 16 just a couple of days before!
Still floating on air! Competition was pretty tough too so we are very proud of her!

What a great meet! Cool about the veldez, I would love to see it. My older daughter had one in her 1st L7 floor and was supposed to move it to beam but never quite got it. (although her younger sister could)

Congrats again and hopefully many more!

Wow! That is an awesome vault and great meet all around. Way to go! I'm so glad that her new gym is working out well for her :)

Wow, what a great meet !!!! Very cool about vault. It sounds like the new gym is a good fit. Can't wait for more updates !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back