Lvl 6 District Championship Surprise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymdaddio

Proud Parent
Early morning meets never go well when the girls are used to working out late evenings. Started on beam with a fall on full turn for a low 9. Vault, which is her best practice event, is always less than she expects. I think the adrenaline is tough to control and she scored an 8.9. Floor, her best event, had some extra small deductions for a 9.3+, but barely lower than last meet. So she was basically well below her AA from the last meet with her toughest event coming up. I couldn't imagine that she was going to be happy on the ride home.

She had said her coach had commented that her low beam routine was a lot better this week. I think her first three meets were around 6.4, 8.1, and 8.4. So you can imagine how happily shocked we were to see her raise it a whole point to 9.4 to place 2nd in Junior A. And to increase here AA. We celebrated with hamburgers. Don't tell her coach.:D

Great results and lovely improvements.

As to the hamburger, we have gone for ice after our meets with the head coach more than once, they are kids after all. Plus I love ice cream.

A very good meet for sure. Yup, we've gone on many a post meet lunch/dinner with coaches and the eat burgers, fries and ice cream too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back