won't let go ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have just got by tuck flyaway when my coach left our gym (family issues) I only ever did them on the normal bars and never in the pit. The coach who is taking her place needs me to do them in the pit before the high bar. The thing is my problem is not on the landing so the pit isn't helpful. My real problem is I won't let go of the bar. I have done it a couple times but I truely don't know why I just can't let go of the bar. any help? I think I am scared or I just forget (probably both).

HELP
what should I do so I let go
each time when I think "this time I'll let go . . . I don't"

Since you have a pit available to you, I would suggest just doing some tap swings, let go, land on your back. It will keep you from worrying about the flip and just let you get the timing down, which is really important when it comes to flyaways and the part where I find a lot of kids have problems. Once you get that down consistently you can start working your way back up to flipping. If you have a coach willing to stand by, you could even have him/her tell you when to release to get the idea for yourself of what it feels like.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back