WAG Another meet report, brag and vent!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

catou

Coach
So we had our 3rd meet today... Pretty memorable due to the following facts:
  • The competition was held in 2 gymnasiums (3 apparatus in one, the 3 others in another one)
  • The fire alarm went on in the middle of the meet, while we were going to start the warm-up for the 4th apparatus...
  • The fire alarm went on because of a popcorn machine :rolleyes:
  • The girls got to see real firemen!!
  • We scored much better in tumbling :D
  • Sadly, the thing I feel most frustrated about is that I feel like our gymnasts improved so much... but the scores just didn't follow :( Especially when I look at other clubs. I know I'm not objective, but still, I can see bent legs when there are bent legs.
  • And 7am is way too early for a meet, when you have a 40 minutes drive to get there.

Well, en route for the last one, in a month and a half!

36, 13 from our club! There was another session for the same age and category right after. We weren't lucky with the schedule this time!

I admire your fortitude, I think the earliest our meets have started has been 9.30 am, and now DD is 9 (competing 10) we normallt roll up around 11.30 :rolleyes:, 7.00 am start is just tooooooooooooooo early

As a gymnast I once had a warm-up starting time of 6h30 am. I think it was at Gymnix. I didn't even eat breakfeast and I think I slept all the way back home, my head resting on my running shoes :p (not sure if I slept because I was tired or because of the odor :D)

Wow 9h30 is late lol, We train at 8h30 every sunday morning. But the fire alarm really woke everybody up!

A small question for those who are familiar with the the competitions here, do feel like the scoring is becoming harder as the season advance?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back