centre splits on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bobby

This is just to satisy my own curiosity because my deprived child has no gym equpiment at home. :)

I don't get to watch training, but I happened to spy through the window that DD was trying to do centre splits on beam - with no success at all LOL.

Wouldn't it be easier to slide down on your insteps so you can kind of hold on with your big toes?? DD was sliding down on her heels, but not far enough because her hands kind of didn't fit her body posture, so she couldn't sit on the beam and just repeatedly fell off backwards instead.

Luckily it was just the low beam. :D

Depends on the goal. If it was for a specific flexibility training exercise, the goal was probably to do the split with the legs rotated so that just the heels are on the beam (mimicking proper leg turn-out for a side kick or straddle jump, for example).

For a mount or such it would be fine to do it as Jordyn does in the video above (with the caveat that sickling the feet could end up being a form deduction). For flexibility training usually at least part of the exercise would probably be to do the split with the legs rotated out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back