Parents Competing both Xcel and JO and uptraining

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DebraNC

Proud Parent
Two thoughts/questions but they're somewhat related.

We recently switched gyms, and I saw somethings during the process of finding a new gym that I was confused by. One gym mentioned girls competing both xcel silver and level 6 through out the year. Is that even possible and what would the advantage be of doing it?

Second question was a gym that does very well in region 8 but uptrains significantly all year long. At this gym girls who were competing bronze during the year (including some who will repeat) all have kips and fhs vaults to name just a few skills. The common bronze skills are necessary just to move up to their pre team. It seemed that these girls are 1-2 levels below where they should be competing. Thoughts?

I believe if you compete L6 you must translate that to platinum in Xcel- it may be gold, but it’s definitely not silver.

My thoughts in both is that those gyms like being able to say they won things in Xcel.

If they are competing Level 6 AND Xcel Silver, they are cheating. Xcel Silver doesn't even do a FHS vault. Level 6 should be competing Xcel Platinum. Xcel Gold is for L3/L4 ... and petitioned L5s. Platinum is for L5/L6 and petitioned L7s.

However, if they are competing Level 6 and IGC Silver, that is fine as IGC Silver seems to be L6/L7ish.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back