aau level 2 (Florida) floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

clrmom

Proud Parent
I have a question about the level 2 aau routine in Florida. My daughter is competing for the first time this season. In her routine they do a tripod (feet straddled, touching floor, head down) moving to a pike position. In her class there are two coaches. The one coach was working mostly on floor and she was telling the girls to keep their feet on the floor and slide them together. Then the other coach started to work on floor with them and she started to have the girls lift their feet off the floor moving them together in the air and placing them back on the ground once they were together.

I wanted to see if anyone new what is correct. I looked in the aau handbook and it seems to read that their feet shouldn't leave the ground. Should I mention this to the coach? I don't want all the girls to receive deductions at their first meet for being taught incorrectly but I also don't know how to bring it up to the coach without sounding like a meddling mother who doesn't trust the coach. Any suggestions?

I taught head down, hands on floor, toes tucked under, slide feet together on the floor, I never had them lift their feet off the ground, just put more weight on their head in order to be able to slide them together.

I would think you would have to take your weight off your feet in order to be able to move them together, but this could be done without actually lifting them right off the floor. Perhaps the other coach was trying to teach them to get their weight off their feet as a first step?

The coach actually showed them by doing it. Feet were all the way lifted and remained off the floor until they were together then lowering them to the floor. I just reread the aau handbook and it definitely says to leave feet on the floor. Should I say something to the coach? Their first meet is only a couple of weeks away.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back