Laurel's First Level 5 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, we survived Laurel's first meet of the season. Other than a scare on vault, she did an awesome job.

Bars - 8.9 2nd place It wasn't the 9 she was hoping for, but she was happy.

Beam - 9.4 1st place:) She was great on beam, just a few wobbles. I held
my breathe the whole routine. I was so happy for her.

Floor - 9.175 6th place This was the first time I had seen her whole routine.
From the mom's eye, I think she did a great job.

Vault - 7.9 12th place This is the event she was dreading. She had a rough
week of practice, but she thought she fixed everything
on the last day. She made it over on the first vault,
her second pass. She fought hard to get it over, but
still hit the edge of the vault with her back. :eek: Scared
me to death. She shed some tears, but seems to be
ok.

AA 35.45 2nd place:) This was the pick me up she needed after the disaster
on vault.

I am attaching the video. Sorry about the quality. This is my first video upload. It looks much better on my computer.

YouTube - Laurel's 1st Level 5 Gymnastics Meet.wmv

She did great! congrats.
Our Compulsaries were at this meet also. In fact, when your dd was on floor I saw our girls vaulting. LOL!

She reallydid a great job. Too bad a bout the scary vault, though better it was the second one and not the first. Great AA score and some lovely placements!

Really beautiful!!! I can't believe that is her first meet...she looks great and did great! Those bars are SOOO close to a 9! Wow!
Where is the Carolina classic anyway?:)

She is beautiful! Amazingly poised for her first meet! Beetle was so nervous before her 1st Level 5 meet we were just happy she got her kips!

Great scores, congrats on the All Around Silver and Beam Gold!

Last edited:
Really beautiful!!! I can't believe that is her first meet...she looks great and did great! Those bars are rSOOO close to a 9! Wow!
Where is the Carolina classic anyway?:)

Thank you on your comments. I am very proud of her. :) She works very hard in the gym. The Carolina Classic is in Columbia, SC.

Gorgeous HS on beam - no wonder she did so well. I thought that vault looked pretty good actually ...

Amazing beam for her first. Bars were good too -- score a bit low IMHO.

The beam and bars are her favorite events. I thought her bar score was a little low also, but that is from a mom's eye :) Bar scores were low for the entire event. She was in a group of 18 girls, and there was only one 9. Her team mate was also in a group of 18 girls, and there was only one 9 in that group also.

That's a great first meet. Heck that's a great 5th meet. My DD would have loved to have those scores. Don't worry about vault eveyone has that event they don't do well in I don't care how good you are.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back